A racecourse was situated between Bromley Road and the current Leisure Centre. It boasted a railing fence on the rivers side, steward’s box and another building. No races were held after 1938.
The town’s sports oval was in the middle, near where it is today on Riverside Park, before an oval was developed at the Robinvale Recreation Reserve, which is now the trotting track.
Market gardening came in the later then lettuce, beans, peas and tomatoes were grown and sold locally and sent to the produce market in Melbourne.